2022-2023 Catalog

Transfer Programs


Moraine Valley Community College offers a wide variety of courses specifically designed for transfer. This enables students to complete their first two years of coursework leading toward a bachelor’s degree in virtually any field of study at a four-year college or university. The keys to a successful transfer are to start planning immediately and to select coursework carefully. Students who already know their intended transfer institution should refer to that school's catalog. Students are strongly encouraged to work with Moraine Valley academic advisors who are available to help students with specific course selection as well as developing an individual educational plan.
Students who plan to complete an associate degree and transfer as a junior in their major should achieve the following goals:
  1. Complete the Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), Associate in Engineering Science (A.E.S.), or Associate in Fine Arts (A.F.A.). The general education requirements and graduation requirements for these degrees are described in this section.
  2. Fulfill the lower-division (freshman/sophomore-level ­courses) general education requirements of the institution students plan to attend. Every four-year college or university has different general education requirements. Transfer guides summarizing these requirements for the colleges and universities popular with Moraine Valley students are available in the Academic Advising Center. For other schools, students should consult the catalog and/or contact the intended transfer institution for additional information. In most cases, if students select their general education coursework carefully, they can simultaneously satisfy the general education requirements for both Moraine Valley and the transfer institution. (Also see Illinois Articulation Initiative.)
  3. Fulfill the lower-division requirements in your major field of study. Students should familiarize themselves with the criteria for admission into the specific program major at the college where a student plans to transfer. In many cases, specific lower-division coursework is required. Detailed information for many schools is available in the Academic Advising Center. Ask for transfer guides for specific majors and/or consult the catalog of the transfer school.
  4. When a student is ready to transfer, obtain a Request for Transcript form from Records and Registra­tion. Complete the form, requesting that a transcript of the Moraine Valley coursework be sent to the transfer school. Be certain to verify that the transcript has been received by the transfer institution. If a student experiences difficulty in transferring any of his or her courses, contact the transfer articulation coordinator for assistance. Generally, when a college official intercedes on behalf of the student, he or she is able to facilitate the resolution of transfer problems.


Transfer Programs
Credit Hours
Associate of Arts (A.A.) (1280) 62
Associate in Science (A.S.) (1330) 62
Associate in Engineering Science (A.E.S.) (2400) 65
Associate in Fine Arts - Art (A.F.A) (1425) 65
Associate in Fine Arts - Music (A.F.A) (1426) 64
Other Program
Associate in General Studies (A.G.S) (1427) 62